OT dogs

Despite the way science has disgraced itself in the last fifty years by climbing on certain socio-political bandwagons, I still favour science over faith. Therefore I don't accept any supernatural aspects of religion. But that doesn't stop me from pretending. Suppose there is a heaven. If there is, when I get there I want to be surrounded by all my dogs. Mick Rip Sam I Sally Sam II Toby Lola Bella I've enjoyed such friendship from these dogs in my life.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

If you got there and they were there then wouldn't that *be* heaven? ;-)

Yup, 'man's best friend', generally also a very good family friend and able to share you life, indoors and out and happy and are willing to do so.

The ultimate definition of 'companion animal' for many.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Dogs tend to love unconditionally. I think it has to do with the pack behaviour, which we interpret as love though, sadly. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I am pretty sure that if they are there then so will be my two dogs and two cats - although I did not have cats and dogs at the same time!

Reply to
ARW

Well, yeah. Occasionally there are too many cats and dogs up there. Torrential rain follows.

Reply to
Richard

Many christians assert that dogs don't have souls but that men (and perhaps women) do. They have no solid scriptural basis for this assertion. Of course I share your disbelief in the whole thing, although I think in principle a brain's function could be duplicated - canine or human.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Many christians assert that dogs don't have souls but that men (and perhaps women) do. They have no solid scriptural basis for this assertion. Of course I share your disbelief in the whole thing, although I think in principle a brain's function could be duplicated - canine or human.

Reply to
Pamela

Obvs there must be cats and dogs in heaven. It wouldn't be heaven otherwise.

Not sure how it works with rabbits. A lot of people like fluffy rabbits.

My cat liked rabbits too.

Would cats in heaven have to be vegetarian?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

The trouble is that the ex gfs might also be there.

Reply to
ARW

(If you use a brain dead news reader that puts text after a sig then your post will be discarded by a normal newsreader when your post is quoted.)

Reconstituted post from Pamela with an attempt to correct attributions

Why not?

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Yebbut that would just be a copy of you.

Reply to
Max Demian

Dunno, but the dog owners would spend eternity filling little plastic bags, while the cats would take a dump in the neighbour's garden.

;>

Reply to
Richard

My impression is that it would not work properly without all the constant sensory and chemical input from the body, but perhaps that could be recorded and duplicated too; in which case I doubt if one could tell the difference, especially if there was no other copy nearby.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Dog owners picking up shit would stay in heaven. Irresponsible cat owners who let their pets shit in the neighbours garden would find themselves immediately in hell.

Reply to
alan_m

According to the Jehovah's witnesses yes. Exactly how that works I'm not sure.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

If done perfectly no-one could tell the difference except *you* who would be trapped in the original body (which may be destined for the incinerator).

Reply to
Max Demian

No cats can't be vegitarian their bodies need meat. Not sure about dogs.

Reply to
whisky-dave

But is Heaven or Hell in the EU ?

A friend sent me a postcard from Hell in Norway and Norway has a special de al with the EU so......

Reply to
whisky-dave

deal with the EU so......

harry

Specifically taurine, which isn't present even in eggs, and vitamin D3

Bad luck for heavenly bunnywabbits then

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog