OT: Am I a nerd

I can go older than the Maplin units - that is if I can find it - complete with analogue display.

But - I am/was a Mechanical Engineer. Such things are quite foreigh compared to a spark plug strobe.

Reply to
AnthonyL

Have you tried private browsing?

Reply to
AnthonyL

No bottle of buckies to refresh you ??

Reply to
Andrew

In message snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org>, AnthonyL snipped-for-privacy@please.invalid writes

No. Their help line recommended using Crome!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I caused some interest by having a serial terminal in sight behind me for the video conference standup on Thursday.

It's older than quite a few of the other people on the conference, and it still works. The computer it belongs to is down at the moment, the caps to fix the PSU are on order.

I was able to tell them that the computer's clock battery is dead, and so it boots up at the time and date of my eldest son's birth. Right in the middle of the development cycle.

But Bob may still have me beat. I only have 5 computers in here.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Type about:config into the address bar.

Accept the warning.

Look for this and change as indicated by double clicking:

general.useragent.override;

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:67.0) Gecko/67.0 Firefox/67.0

(that probably says Windows 7, but it works for me)

Reply to
Bob Eager

That doesn't work either under Linux.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It doesn't work. I tried Whatever it is that it does to test fails under linux.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Doesn't work for Barclays

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I was only counting those in use around me. So there's my wife's HP laptop, a Dell attached to my HiFi and Topfield, and up in the attic an Osborne and an HP desktop with Win9x.

So 8 in total, and a NAS.

A big sort out is needed now I've got time, except I've just started to service an old classical guitar (I need a minute amount of wood filler for small screws for the machine head that won't fit tightly - any ideas, will PVA glue on it's own be enough) and the garden pond is in the process of being cleared out. The black walnut has shed a lot of leaves into it with the winds we've had.

And whilst I'm at it I know I've got a small flat file somewhere - and I need it now as the grooves that one of the machine head worms fit into are burred and too small which is presumably why the 'D' string was always awkard to tune.

Reply to
AnthonyL

Smack botty for them, then. See my sig.

You should tell them that they have no business making their website browser-specific, and that if they code it up using standards-based software, then all will be well.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I've been using Firefox on Win 10 ever since Win 10 came out. I'm still using it.

Reply to
charles

Works for me under FreeBSD.

Reply to
Bob Eager

you have a barclays share trading account?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher