open vent conversion

hi i am converting my open vent boiler to combi i no a little about it but could do with a run down on the job please thanks jase.

Reply to
james roberts

It would help to be a bit clearer about what you are doing.

Are you *replacng* your boiler with a combi or are you converting your open vented system into a closed one with a pressure vessel?

Tim

Reply to
Tim

hi tim yes im converting to a combi boiler from open vent and changing boiler posistion it would be a great help to me if you could give a step by step guide on this i no a bit about it

Reply to
jimmy

hi tim yes im converting to a combi boiler from open vent and changing boiler posistion it would be a great help to me if you could give a step by step guide on this i no a bit about it

Don't try it - you are not qualified.

Reply to
John

Better still wait until 5th November and then start .... it'll give the neighbours a free firework display !

Reply to
Ash

people that think they have some idea but dont are the most dangerous.

NT

Reply to
NT

people that think they have some idea but dont are the most dangerous

dd?

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

Step 1. Read the diy faq wiki at wiki.diyfaq.org.uk pages on types of boilers and on central heating and hot water systems, and maybe use Google to revisit previous discussion here about the relative merits of sealed versus open vent systems, and combis and other types of hot water systems.

Step 2. Decide what system suits you best.

Step 3. Get someone competent in to do it.

Seriously: DIY is about doing things within your scope. It really sounds as if this is outside your scope, and since significant parts of the job require - by law - that you are competent, it's not, in this case, a candidate for DIY-ing.

Reply to
YAPH