One for the washing m/c repairers

Triac would be a prime suspect.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Not so easy to spot or replace as a fuse to the non electronics tech though. ;-(

Ok, it could be easy to spot if it's blown to bits but then not so easy to identify without the bits. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

In message , T i m writes

All the controls/electronics are tucked away behind impenetrable plastic. No doubt a service engineer would know how to proceed but I'll dump it in a barn while I get on with the house.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

snippage

Nothing visibly accessible.

Job for another day!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Hmm.. I was switching mains AC with back to back thyristors before triacs were invented:-)

Nevertheless, you are probably correct:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

No slur or deformation intended Tim. ;-)

Whilst anyone who 'knows their stuff' could probably work out the type and rough specification for some unknown device, it's all so much easier with the circuit diagram and component list. However, given that most machines are run by a microprocessor these days, a circuit diagram often consists of a black square with a few discrete components around it. ;-(

I soldered a power feed wire back onto a PCB for someone today ... it's been a long time since those sort of repairs were everyday. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m