non vented hot water indirect tank

Is it possible to install and run the above without it being connected to a boiler and just use the immersion,due to the cost I would like to add the system boiler and radiators at a later date.

Reply to
Alex

Do you mean an indirect unvented cylinder? If that was the case I don't know how the installer would complete the benchmark logbook as it requires various parameters to be logged when commissioning the system.

I suppose it could be classed as an electrically heated cylinder, but then you would have to get it all commissioned again when you have the boiler installed. Otherwise you'll have problems with building regs and other issues when you sell your house.

Martyn

Reply to
Geosolar Heating

On 14 Jul 2004 15:15:45 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@geosolar.co.uk (Geosolar Heating) strung together this:

The installer would probably complete it in much the same way as he would for thousands of other installations throughout the UK with electrically heated water, all fitted in this exact way.

Reply to
Lurch

Entirely possible. It did exactly this with my heat bank. The boiler was installed a month or two after the cylinder and it couldn't run off the old boiler as the connections were above the level of the F&E tank. Are you installing the thing yourself? If so, ensure that you are either aware of all the safety devices (separate safety zone valve, manual reset thermostats, pressure relief etc.) or install a heat bank instead.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle