Nominations invited . . . . .

For the most shagged element still in working condition category.

See:

Image shows a working twin MI element removed from my grill with split in outer casing revealing the coiled element and insulation.

And yes, that is the scale ruler visible behind the element, through the fully split casing.

Element was functional on removal (57 + 42 ohms) with 15Mohms to outer at low voltage.

The other half of the twin was split too but not as impressively.

Can anyone beat that?

Reply to
fred

Well there is always the Mrs but I don't think she would necessarily accept the award if she were to win lol

Reply to
Bob Minchin

In this case I think we should waive the requirement for a photo.

I hope for your sake that she's not in the habit of googling your name to see what you're up to . . . .

Reply to
fred

Immersions tend to be worse before they fail - at least when on a non-RCD feed. One I took out was heating by conducting through the water, the element had split severely, and 30-40% was missing entirely.

NT

Reply to
meow2222