Noisy wife ..

Is this as a display item or visitor Mary?

We were on our way back from a BMW motocycle rally a couple of years ago and stayed at Barnard Castle (well the C&CC site up the road) for a few days. We though we'd give the Bowes a Museum a go (not much more to do that way once you've seen "High Force" (the Grand Canyon better look out!) and to our surprise, found it very intertesting (we are a bit young for museums normally).

If you go please take yer 3 in 1 and give the Swan a couple of drops from us ;-)

Have fun ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

And mine is still working well (Mary's pretty good with her hands for a 'mature woman') ;-)

T i m

Reply to
T i m

I have to admit it wouldn't be the first choice on my list of lubricants (no, don't say anything Mary, they are all talking about us already!) but I can see how it might work in this situation.

Just smear on lightly, give it a few mins to

I'll have to ask 'she who loads the dishwasher' if she has any in the cupboard. ;-)

Funnily enough .. my daugher and I just popped out and left 'Mrs Squeeky' at the 10 mile mark. When we got back she said she'd done 20 miles and the 'Ergometer' had stoped squeeking after about 15 miles?

So, that's the solution then .. make sure she does 15 miles before I get home!

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Practice makes perfect.

I need say no more.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It's a Braids and Beyond exhibition, so you decide.

It's a lovely little place. Seriously, I think that most museums are far more interesting than they used to be. they aim for young people, which can be a pain for us oldies ...

But the Castle itself is a joy ...

They've moved the swan upstairs, apparently, and have limited demonstrations to preserve it.

We shall. We're taking two oldies - over 55s - who daren't do the long (60 mile) drive themselves.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Would I ? 8-/

If she gets fed up I'll give it a good home. For some reason we gave away our rollers years ago.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In message , T i m writes

And prolly got a good left hook along with it

Reply to
geoff

Probably, yes (you naughty girl!) ;-)

'His n hers' cars or hair styling apparatus Mary?

We first tried a Tunturi (from eBay) rowing machine but it wasn't like 'real rowing' for me and wasn't comfortable for her back.

We then got this 420 cycle and we both find it very comfortable (it's highly adjustable as she's 5'6" and I'm 6'2") and it provides a real cycling feel without the rain, cold, dogs, drivers, potholes etc. She just turns the telly on and enough fans to start our own wind tunnel facility (the overheat is down to the 'change' or some other strange woman thing) and pedals off (nowhere)!

I personally would rather risk the rain, cold, dogs, drivers, potholes etc on my MTB and experience the added excitement of a 10 mile narrow tow-path ride home in the dark from the pub ;-)

Laters ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Do you mean brolly?

For the record, I'm totally non combatant.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Rollers for indoor pedal cycling, using real cycles with pedals, chains, handlebars and the like. Fixed wheel for preference.

Rollers are pretty good substitutes for cycling but it's all on the level.

The change is so long ago it's forgotten. And we don't have a telly.

When Spouse had his hip replacement the hospital gym had a fantastic cycling machine which the physiotherapist let me use. I WANT ONE.

But it probably cost thousands :-(

I remember riding my bike home from the in-laws late one night while in labour with our third. She's 41 now.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

'No' .. really?

Fixed wheel for preference.

Only in that you are actually on your own cycle but I suggest they (in most cases) lack the subtlety of something like this Ergometer? The heavy flywheel gives loads of inertia and the transmission (apart from the squeek) is completely smooth and silent. The load is applied by a coil that runs close to magnetic segments that are set in the outside of the flywheel. Set on No2 it feels *just* like cycling up a slight gradient and on 10 up a very steep hill towing a skip!

'She' says you are very fortunate ... ;-)

And we don't have a telly.

Not sure that's much of a loss these days .. apart from stuff like Little Britain and the Katherine Tate shows .. (when they were on) ;-)

They are very good and you can often get factory refurbished ones?

Nah, you can get something very useable (like this Tunturi) for about

300 quid? Summat like this on eBay might do the trick?

like a later version of ours ..?

Mine was in a small speedboat off the East coast when she was due in the hope it would get her started .. (it didn't) ;-(

Have fun ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

No, she's still got both her hands Geoff ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Lol, what an image :)

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

In hindsight possibly not an accurate one. On setting No10 it's probably (because of the smoothness of the transmission) like cycling through a swimming pool filled with treacle! ;-)

Joking aside it really is a good bit of kit and we were very lucky that the eBay seller happened to live about 1/2 mile from us!

'She' has had all sorts of problems with her joints (cartilage out on both knees, tennis elbow on both, carpal tunnel and an op for a trapped nerve on her spine etc) and she has no problem dealing with all that whilst getting some good (low impact) exercise.

I do try to help her keep up a constant level of exercise by doing as little as possible myself. (that's true love you see ) ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m