noisy boiler

Hi all,

I have a open vented pumped central heating system connected to a Netaheat Electronic conventional boiler. I recently decided to give it a cleanout so put some fernox cleaner into the system. After flushing the system out and re-filling, the boiler now makes 'gurgling' noises when the burner is on and for a short while after it shuts off (which i assume to be air and/or hydrogen)

I have bled all the radiators and am only getting water out (and they all get hot), plus tried opening slightly the vent situated just above the output side of the pump (between the pump and the DHW cylinder) so it dripped slowly and left like that for a day to see if that would get rid of the bubbles - has not helped though.

The boiler also makes some kettling noises when the burner is on but i've got some fernox noise reducer for that but do not want to put it into the system yet until i know i'm not going to have to flush the system out again.

Should the system eventually quieten down with the air bubbles escaping through the overflow vent pipe ? or do i need to bleed the system in some other way ? And if it should quiten down, how long does this normally take ?

Thanks,

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Peckston

It took a week or so for my similar system to settle down. There will be a lot of dissolved air in the new water.

Reply to
BillR

Hmm, it's been two weeks so far - and still very gurgly. Shall wait and see - and hope :-)

Reply to
Mike Peckston

Hi Mike

I had my whole system drained/flushed/ new valve fitted etc 3 weeks ago. When the boiler is on I now hear an odd high pitched gurgling noise mainly through one rad. I think the rad is amplifying the noise coming from the within the boiler. Prior to being drained the whole system was completely silent.

I too have bled all the rads as much a poss. I'm hoping all the dissolved air fizzles out over the next few weeks.

Good luck!

Rob

Reply to
Rob K

Yup. Leave it for a week or so before adding the inhibitor - although inhibitor does seem to quieten down air noise quicker. Dunno why.

Reply to
Dave Plowman