Nice cells love

Just a quick surprisingly positive review of some NiMH cells. I finally rep laced some ultramax AAAs from poundland, not very high capacity but they mu st have done about 4000+ charge cycles on 1 - 2hr charge rate. Quite impres sive. Still working, but now taking excess charge time & discharging a fair bit overnight.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

At least 11 years old even if charged every single day, so I doubt if the same type are available to buy now, therefore they've served you well, but the information is not particularly useful for anyone looking to buy some rechargeables?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I think I detect another "diki-wiki" entry coming soon ;>)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

More like 5 years. In a Poundish-type shop there were some LSD NiMH cells, but the AA were about 800mAh and the AAA were about 300mAh, so obviously made to a price and useless. Aldidl's offerings seem to be good.

Reply to
PeterC

4000 / 365 = 10.9 years, use your own value for "+". If I had an application that required such frequent** charging I'd be using the best batteries I could find, not cheapos from Poundland.

Pretty much.

Yep, I bought a couple of packs first time I noticed them selling LSD NiMH and then bought a boatload the next time they had them, enough to pension-off all my non-LSD ones.

** Not that the O/P said they were being charged daily, but if they were only being charged weekly they'd have lasted 76 years, which I somehow doubt.
Reply to
Andy Burns

Ouch! - why was I 'thinking' in hours?

Yes - Eneloops as first choice for e,g, a camera.

Same here, along with the charger. Seems that the cells spec. a charging time of 7h (AAA) at 190mA and the charger sold alongside boasts of its speed! I've not seen a charger under about 30 quid that could be set to meet that spec.

er, yes.

Reply to
PeterC

Meh, I wasnt thinking right there. About 1.5 years at 3-4 charge cycles a day is about 1900 cycles. Theyre still on sale in poundland.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

/ Meh, I wasnt thinking right there. About 1.5 years at 3-4 charge cycles a day is about 1900 cycles. Theyre still on sale in poundland./q

/

So, old boy, what application is this that needs rechargeable batteries recharging 3-4 times a day for ~2 years??

Shurely a wall wart type power supply might be a better option?

Or how about simply bigger batteries?

;-)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

just correcting a mistake

cordless phones

lol

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Do they actually get full cycles, or just topups?

Reply to
Clive George

Indeed. Or is it just imaginary...3-4 times A DAY ?? He can't be that popular shurely? ;-)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

both, equating to about 3-4 cycles a day. That's why I said 3-4 cycles a day.

NT

Reply to
meow2222