New term learned - source of machine screws?

I thought they were invented by the same person.

I'm sure there were cars and trains and all sorts of meccano sets in the 60s. But few of teh bits were specific to that set.

Here at uni we're holding the lego championships for schools

It;s more about programing the lego models to collect items hit stitches etc .

Reply to
whisky-dave

They were indeed, and Dinky Toys. Frank Hornby. The vast majority of Hornby tinplate trains were tab and slot construction, but very early 0 gauge models were nut and bolt, just like Meccano.

Yeah, Lego are light years ahead of Meccano in that respect. Meccano have issued a couple of robots recently, but the stuff that can be done with Lego now is mind blowing.

Reply to
News

I quite like K'nex. We have enough to build the roller coaster.

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message , Bob Eager writes

I am aware of K'nex, but have never used it. Son used it at school, but for some odd reason didn't have a set at home. I have to confess, I was never terribly proficient with Meccano, but did love Bayko.

Reply to
News

Oh yes, I had Bayko, but preferred Meccano. I ended up with at least a No. 10 set. A friend did too, and we built seriously large things together!

Bayko would never pass H&S these days.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Its child abuse not having access to lego, meccano and knex, especially for the girls.

Reply to
dennis