new slate roof goes "snap, crackle pop" in the cold

late roof. We are experiencing the same "snap, crackle, pop" sound you des cribed whenever the temperature drops at night. We now sleep in the old pa rt of the house whenever it is cold. Did your roof settle down eventually or are we going to have to do something to fix the problem?

same noise from the roof as you describe when temperature drops below 0 deg . C and the humidity is high. The noise last for 20-30 minutes. I know it i s long time ago, since you describe your problem, however, I just wondered whether you ever found an explanation to your problem and if it stille exis ts ? It has not been possible to finde anyone that could give me an explana tion.

Hi I can't get det link to work, so unfortunately I can't see the explanation. Majbritt

Reply to
schmidtmajbritt

slate roof. We are experiencing the same "snap, crackle, pop" sound you d escribed whenever the temperature drops at night. We now sleep in the old part of the house whenever it is cold. Did your roof settle down eventuall y or are we going to have to do something to fix the problem?

e same noise from the roof as you describe when temperature drops below 0 d eg. C and the humidity is high. The noise last for 20-30 minutes. I know it is long time ago, since you describe your problem, however, I just wondere d whether you ever found an explanation to your problem and if it stille ex ists ? It has not been possible to finde anyone that could give me an expla nation.

Odd, I've just checked it and it works

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

:

of slate roof. We are experiencing the same "snap, crackle, pop" sound you described whenever the temperature drops at night. We now sleep in the ol d part of the house whenever it is cold. Did your roof settle down eventua lly or are we going to have to do something to fix the problem?

the same noise from the roof as you describe when temperature drops below 0 deg. C and the humidity is high. The noise last for 20-30 minutes. I know it is long time ago, since you describe your problem, however, I just wonde red whether you ever found an explanation to your problem and if it stille exists ? It has not been possible to finde anyone that could give me an exp lanation.

Hi again, Now it works, however, I can see any clear explanation in the thread. Majbritt

Reply to
ingridsvej3

Works for me too.

Homeowners hubbers are too stupid to use the Interweb or do DIY

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher