New roof advise please

I have just got a quote for a new roof as the existing roof tiles are not longer made (Belgium made tiles made in 1928 and are of unusual design) I think they are called Contre. The roofing firm has quoted for a breathable under felt which does away with the need for venation I have heard of breathable felts on wood framed houses, but not used on roofs, I take it that building regulations cover this?

MikeS

Reply to
MikeS

It is the best thing to lay before fitting new tiles MikeS. The membrane is ideal at keeping the roof space ventilated and also keeps moisture on the correct side of the roof timbers, so it has become the normal practice when having this type of roofing replacement done.

Reply to
BigWallop

Yes.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Tyvek, Nilvent, and others. Has become the norm afaik. cheers Jacob

Reply to
jacob

Thanks BigWallop and Jacob. MikeS

Reply to