new RF thermostat

Ok after the weekends fault finding a new thermostat has been purchased

as this thing controls the time for CH, do I set the main timer that also controls the hot water to CH 24 hours ? and let this new gadget take control of when CH is required? TIA

Reply to
Vass

Yes, assuming your system allows for independant control of CH and HW. Having said that I still have ours knocked off completely at night as it makes enough noise from expansion to wake us up if it becomes cold enough for the night set temp to demand heat.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

s'ok, googling found that, yes I do .

Ta

Reply to
Vass

Yes independant CH and HW good plan like that idea. Cheers

Reply to
Vass

as my boiler sounds like a Vulcan bomber taking off, I'll opt for the former on this occasion but I get your point :-)

Reply to
Vass

If the temp control is set to a temperature low enough then it wont come on unless your house is really poorly insulated. I have mine at 17 during the night and it rarely comes on - if it does then I am quite pleased.

Reply to
John

Oh, you bought one of those?

Mine retired itself on friday and appears to have taken the boiler mainboard with it.

Reply to
EricP

well if that happens it will force the impending boiler purchase anyhow :-)

Reply to
Vass