new lintels over window openings

Old house with soldier bricks below a tile creasing, above each window. Evidence of slight dropping over the wider windows. Thinking of putting in steel lintels - anybody know if I need Building Regs approval for this?

Reply to
BrianSmedley121

Angle iron lintels tucked up the back of the brick course is ideal for this. It's hidden, it's enough to keep the bricks in place for many more years, and you don't need to take the lintel to far in to the brickwork at the sides.

I always thought that soldier bricks are better installed in an arch shape to keep their shape anyway. :-))

Reply to
BigWallop