New houses - no combi boiler!?

Or a decent shower or a body jet shower which are popular now.

Few of these are ever fitted. Part L is not rapid recovery and the specs for recovery are based on 82C flow into the cylinder with optimum flow through it. So, very few will ever meet the cylinder makers specs for recovery time....so still slow and you will run out of hot water in most cases.

About 1/3 to 40% of the heat would have gone by the time the boiler cuts in, and it does not heat up top down. Properly sized means a "very" large cylinder.

And a very big cylinder if providing power showers/body jets and then the 2" of insulation around it.

Best get a high flow Rinnai multi-point or high flow quality combi. They are superior in every way. Look at the cost effective Ethos combi I posted details on.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You install an immersion in a plastic tank? You should be locked up.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If the flow rate is adequate that should not be a problem at all. Also the combi should have a dedicated 22mm cold feed from the stoptap with a full bore stoptap. At the stop tap tee off and take all cold supplies from this, except the showers which are teed off just before the combi on the cold feed. All the cold supplies can then be throttled back to prioritise at one point. In a water system shower is king!!! Also each appliance should be throttled back to suit. E.g., washing machines don't need full flow, neither do toilets. .

"Very" few heat up in 20 minutes.

Of course and they are big problem in small British homes.

Modern high flow combis are difficult to beat. Look at the specs of the Ethos I posted, and beats any cylinder system on price. They have been around for around 4 years and in the field feedback is that they are top quality.

The problem is that there is total ignorance of what is available on the market. Most ignorance is in the "plumbing" business. Domestic plumbers do not make good heating engineers.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Plantpot, please eff off as you are a total idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I rather thought he was...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I think it is more an inability to distinguish fact from fiction.

He IS John Prescott, and I claim my £5bn.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

From a man who put in a screwed up UFH and unvented cylinder system. Some mothers..... and he went to a snotty uni.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

If you can exhaust a cylinder quickly with a 'popular' body jet shower no chance a combi will work with it either, prat.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'm not aware of any correctly installed ones failing this way. The two which resulted in deaths were both incorrectly installed with the bottom of the tanks not fully supported as is required. Furthermore, since 2004, immersion heaters have required an extra cutout which doesn't reset automatically.

Secondly this really is out of all perspective. There have been

2 such deaths in 5 years, compared with something like 250 deaths from carbon monoxide, 17,000 car deaths, and 30,000 deaths from hospital aquired infections over the same period. Sad though these 2 deaths were, they are completely insignificant by any reasonable measure of risk analysis.
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In message , Doctor Drivel writes

ISTR you ranting on a couple of years ago about how important it was to get boilers serviced ..

Reply to
geoff

It's Dr Drivel and Mr dIMM

Reply to
geoff

Only when it suits him to reinforce his fiction.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Maxie, how is Dim Lin the Oriental enchantress?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Maxie, it is important. It was not my boiler. Maxie I did mention that. Maxie, in your eyes is Hillary Clinton a bit of all right?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Please eff off as you are a plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Please eff off as you are an idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I have seen cold tanks melt on firm bases. It is more common than you think. It these cases deaths occurred.

An extra level of safety, but still not failsafe if the stat fully fails. Don't say they can't please. They can.

A child having boiling water poured on it in bed????? Let me think..you are going mention some kids were knocked down by cars so this is OK then.

Two that were totally avoidable.

I knew he would mention cars!!! This sort always do. So two wrongs make a right then, sop all is fine!!!! So lets pour more scalding water on kids because some were killed by cars as well. Then we can all go to bed and sleep well!!!! While some kid may have scalding water poured on it in bed!!!!

There are "failsafe" water system which are not expensive at all. A vented thermal store is one.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In message , Doctor Drivel writes

In my eyes, you're a waste of space

no ,more, no less

Reply to
geoff

Maxie, your views are held in high regard. You are a breath of fresh air.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

More lies from our resident prat.

Reply to