"New" chimney sweep method

Just had mine done (solid fuel stove with lined flue). The guys used a rotating rod and flail set bit like this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/251781230950
Never seen that before - but it brought down a large amount of clag - about 4 times what came out last year with a regular brush.
The thinner rods seemed to go round the bends pretty easily too.
At £45 a year for sweeping, I'm not really in a huge hurry to DIY this, but I was intrigued...

These are commonly used in industrial boilers/flues. (Brick flues, thick steel tubes) Lots of different sizes Problem is they may damage your chimney liner, esp if stainles steel.