New Central heating system **UPDATE**

Then you are describing a poor storage system. My bath tap delivers 40 litres per minute of water at 60C - regardless of outside temperature. There's not a domestic combi that can match that. Even high flow types will struggle to produce half that figure.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

40 litres per minute on a tank and cylinder with the tank a few feet above? I don't believe you unless all is in 28mm with few bends and elbows and large bore hospital non-mixer type of taps. The average gravity tank and cylinder setup is not that good at all.

In an average house with a good mains water supply a modern combi or top rated multi-point water heater will outperform cumbersome cylinders and tanks and save space and be cheaper to install. I know, I have fitted many of them, unlike yourself.

I fitted an oil combi with a large water capacity, a sort of thermal store and the performance was superb.

Reply to
timegoesby

Believe what you want. It has a reasonable head such as you can get in most houses and carefully designed and installed 22mm pipework.

Badly installed ones, yes.

Just shows you don't know how to install a storage system properly - and have low expectations of hot water flow. After all, you are doing up houses for a quick sale, and the sort who buys these won't know either.

If it has a thermal store, it's not an instantaneous heater anymore - so the combi arguments don't apply.

BTW, what have you done with your pal Drivel?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You need to apply to work for the Warmfront Grant Scheme then if you claim the supply and fitting of a combination boiler is cheaper than any other system. Every other gas fitting company must be wrong as they have all provided proof that it it isn't. That's how they got the contracts. So if you know different then I suggest you contact the Warmfront Grant Scheme and tell them as you seem to suggest everyone else is wrong. Let's see, hundreds of companies against one person. I know which I believe after seeing all the costings. You might also like to do a bit of research on boilers and heating systems as you sound like you're stuck in the 80's. I take it you're between 45 and

50 years old from your outdated views that were once popular belief.
Reply to
Bob

It is by a mile less pipe and labour maioing it quicker as well.

They have? New to me and cost these up.

Backhanders?

Antone who can count can work out combis are cheaper to install, one of the strong selling points.

What planet are you on?

Reply to
timegoesby

You clearly are talking bollox.

I go for high flowrates that don't run out of hot water. Instant water heating does that, either using combis, multi-points or thermal stores.

You realy don't know. The water jacket on most oil boilers is so large they are almost like a thermal store, that is why oil combis deliver the flowrates

I wish he was about as he would put you in your silly place. I hope no one takes any notice of inexperienced people like you.

Reply to
timegoesby

To get completely right and have equivalent performance to a storage system?

Materials *and* time?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yes.

The products are on the market. They are there. It is cost effective. And they save time to install and space in a house. Get into the 21st century.

If I was fitting an oil boiler it would be an outside fitted oil combi every time. They do deliver the DHW performace and save space in the house, and noise, and make the house more fire safe as well, as all is outside.

Reply to
timegoesby

Yes they're cheaper to install on a new build or brand new system. But that doesn't stop the likes of you saying they are cheaper to *replace* an existing storage system regardless. You're a 'one size fits all' type.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Strange given he never managed to in all those years.

Your 'experience' seems to have come rather quickly. It seems only recently you were asking advice here on the most basic of things. So I'd rather listen to those with a few years in. And as I said, doing houses up for a quick sale is a very different matter to doing things properly for your own house.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They are cheaper to install. One of their strong selling points - to the installer.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That wasn't the question.

Reply to
Andy Hall

You managed to figure that one out.

Reply to
timegoesby

I have found none more expensive and they save space.

Reply to
timegoesby

It was very funny the way he made you look at total prat.

7 years

I don't think you would know what basic things was.

7 years

Modern houses want high pressure shower than don't run out of DHW. Many of them like body jet showers. Look in B&Q these days, they even sell them there, as this is the 21st century, not 1956.

You don't know what you are talking about.

Reply to
timegoesby

By posting the same replies to every point? And telling lies about near everything? Are you him under a new name - it's about time that happened again.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Here is another clueless prat.

Reply to