netto have a disc&belt sander on thursday

table top model what would you use it for?

30GBP
Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I've got a Rexon (?) model in the workshop. Very useful machine. Great for curved sections - jigsaw roughly to shape & sand to final shape. Sanding end grain to get a better finish, cleaning up joints, all sorts. Use it a lot.

Only works for fairly small pieces of timber of course.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It's a belt and disk model.

So you can use the belt to practice your cursing, as to why you bought a piece of junk that is too cheap to track the belt straight.

The disk is a small diameter, comparable to the size of the piece of wood you'll be sanding on it. This gives enough variation in linear speed with radius that you'll sand an interesting range of angles on the ends, none exactly equal to 90°.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Oh ok.

hmmm! I can do all that on my belt sander turned upside down clamped in the workbench.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from "The Medway Handyman" contains these words:

I had one of them. Smashing it was, till some theiving git nicked it. The Clarke machine I got to replace it isn't a patch on the Rexon.

Reply to
Guy King