netto have a disc&belt sander on thursday

table top model what would you use it for?
30GBP
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

I've got a Rexon (?) model in the workshop. Very useful machine. Great for curved sections - jigsaw roughly to shape & sand to final shape. Sanding end grain to get a better finish, cleaning up joints, all sorts. Use it a lot.
Only works for fairly small pieces of timber of course.
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Oh ok.
hmmm! I can do all that on my belt sander turned upside down clamped in the workbench.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

these words:

I had one of them. Smashing it was, till some theiving git nicked it. The Clarke machine I got to replace it isn't a patch on the Rexon.
--
Skipweasel

It's a belt and disk model.
So you can use the belt to practice your cursing, as to why you bought a piece of junk that is too cheap to track the belt straight.
The disk is a small diameter, comparable to the size of the piece of wood you'll be sanding on it. This gives enough variation in linear speed with radius that you'll sand an interesting range of angles on the ends, none exactly equal to 90.
--
If we fail, then let us fail heroically
(or even better, stoichiometrically)