Natura engineered wooden flooring from Flooring Supplies - any experiences?

Hi,

I'm tempted by the Natura Oak Lima flooring available from Flooring Services;

anyone used this, or similar stuff, and have any comments?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Walters

Yes used it in my living room,looks superb.Take care as it is easy to damage the edge if you tap to hard.My floor was a glued version so i imagine theat the woodloc will be even easier to lay.Paid roughly the same price a year ago

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I've used something similar recently and I'd just warn that the term "with all the colour, structure and knot formations of oak" probably means that there will be a wide variety of colours, grain patterns, knots and suchlike - nothing like as uniform as the picture indicates.

Engineered flooring like this comes in several grades. The most expensive grade will be selected to give a uniform, knot-free, even appearance, and the cheapest will have all the left-overs... lots of knots, streaks of pale and dark wood in the same board, different shades, weird grain etc etc. At £29.95/sq m for the 1.8m lengths, and from the description, I'd guess this is somewhere in the middle. The usual sales term is "lively".

My flooring is Tahoma from Birbek -

(sorry if that wraps) - which I think is probably of a similar grade. When I laid it I had to be little careful to put some of the boards at the edges of the room. The overall finished effect is very nice and I'm very happy with it, but it may not be what you are looking for.

HTH

Reply to
Tony Eva

I have Kahrs Woodlock Oak London. A wide board rather than strips, which emphasises the fascinating variety of grain pattern.

Supplied by 1926 Trading whose helpful sales and delivery by their own van and driver I would heartily recommend.

quisquiliae