Myson Apollo Fanfare 15/30 Help required please

Hi

My boiler, a Myson Apollo Fanfare 15/30 has stopped working. i found that the boiler had stopped and tripped the MCB. If i try to reset the MCB it immediately trips again..

I have stripped the boiler down and a quick visual inspection reveals no obvious problem. I checked the fan which i have had problems with in the past and it seems ok. Are there any common faults i should be aware of and be looking for with this boiler?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Neil

Reply to
Neil Bailey

In message , Neil Bailey writes

Either water damage (inspected, you say) or the pump are the most likely contenders

If you are competent to do so, have you run the fan directly off the mains?

The boiler goes through an ignition sequence (demand, fan on, APS switches over, pilot and spark, flame sensed > main valve on). You might be wise to determine at what point the boiler crashes if you need further advice.

Reply to
raden

Hi thanks for reply. There are no signs of water damage. Haven't had much time to investigate the problem yet What I checked so far is the MCB trips instantly mains is applied. I've disconnected the fan which has no effect - the MCB trips straight away ( I know the vacuum switch would hold everything off but just wanted to check it wasn't the fan causing the problem). It also does this whatever the boiler stat is set to. (high, low or off)

My next step is to check out both pumps, but with the fault occurring instantly i'm concerned that it's some part of the control circuitry as i assume this is powered up all the time and should sense when ignition is required.

Thanks again, Neil

Reply to
Neil Bailey

IME when you have a trip/blow electric problem with the heating the pump is guilty until proven innocent.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

No, the sequence board is only powered up when called upon to provide heat

Go for the pumps first

Reply to
raden

Thanks very much to the both of you! It was indeed the pump in the boiler circuit. I broke the circuits down and tested each individually until i found the faulty component. The pump has no physical signs of damage although the unit smells as if the insulation on the motor windings has been rather hot and broken down!

Anyway all is well again now that i've replaced the pump. Once again thanks for your help.

Regards, Neil

Reply to
Neil Bailey

replying to Neil Bailey, vino wrote: hi Niel, I too facing the same problem once its start the boiler and work minimum 10 minutes and its trip off my MCB .will guide me what exactly you done that time.Its Apollo 15/30 Myson boiler.

Reply to
vino

This was posted in 2004, and in fact Neil relates how he fixed it.

Why are you replying to a post that is 13 years old?

Reply to
Davey

It's because homeownershub users ONLY see the original decade old question and non of the replies.

Reply to
alan_m

Because of that bloody stupid interface at home owners club thingy that seems incapable of sorting messages by year never mind anything more sensible. That shower who wrote this interface really need to get themselves clued up. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

They are clued up. The aim of the home owners hub is not to provide a service to the great unwashed on the internet but to provide a service to their advertisers.

Reply to
alan_m

Don't they see any kind of date of the OP?

Reply to
Davey

It's on the screen, but apparently they don't see it.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris