MY FREE BG LECCY

The Government wants all homes in England, Scotland and Wales to have a smart meter by 2020, but you can opt out if you want.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Read more:

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Reply to
simon

"they can design clever tariffs that fit the needs of different customers"

s/customers/suppliers/

2x unit rates 7am-9am, 6pm-11pm (when most people want to use electricity).
Reply to
Max Demian

They tried to fit one for me, but the distance from meter to house was too great for it to work. So where will that leave me?

Reply to
Broadback

Well obviously. They want to iron out peaks and troughs!

Reply to
harry

It won't have that effect: people can't ring up the school and say the kids will arrive at 10am as peak electricity is too expensive to make their breakfast.

"Ironing out peaks and troughs" only works if you have equipment to enable it, such as storage heaters and offpeak immersion heaters; part of the well established Economy 7 schemes and the like, which don't require (or benefit from) 'smart' meters.

Reply to
Max Demian

No it's to charge extra at other times when mopst people want it. They can then come up with tarriffs for people that just don't add up but look good in adverts.

Reply to
whisky-dave