Multicore cable to central hanging light ?

The central hall light had two perished wires and a hanging wooden frame with 4 lightbulbs, What cable shall I replace it with? 3core and earth could have two switchable lights, but some kind of multicore would be better, (now the floorboards are up.) Could I use another core for a mains socket for special party lights, projector etc? Would I have to sleeve all the lives brown? [george] --

Reply to
george - dicegeorge

Four core flex is available.

Reply to
harry

Assuming this is on the lighting circuit, you could fit a 2A or 5A round pi n socket to a core.

You don't give the necessary info for your first question. If you're replac ing the run from light fitting to switch, the more cores the better as it e nables switchbank use, plus use of a socket, albeit only a round pin one. O ne can just as well use 2 bits of T&E as use 5 core. The earth/cpc can not be repurposed. Yes lives should be sleeved - insulting tape works.

NT

Reply to
meow2222