Mower Scrap

Any ideas about how to cheaply dispose of an ancient petrol mower? Any value in the scrap?

Reply to
Roger Cain

There are charities which refurbish old mowers and then send them out (with other garden tools) to third world countries. We donated our old Atco many years ago. Worth checking around your area if you are feeling charitable.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

freecycle, sometimes people will take stuff like that

Reply to
NT

Council tip, metals bin

The metal content is mixed up, so even the aluminium is hard to extract in a clean form. Old cylinder mower blades are quite good steel though.

A truly "ancient" mower will attract crowds. Who made the motor? Villiers?

Freecycle can make _anything_ disappear

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Yes. Sometimes I think you could even dispose of a turd this way. People's interest increases immensley if you give them something for free.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Not necessarily. My wife advertised a large swing/slide set for free to take away. Nobody who looked at it was able to take it away. I advertised it for $50 including delivery and I put it on my trailer for a journey of a few miles.

I cut down a pine tree and got rid of most of it by selling the branches as Xmas trees for $2 in an honesty box by the side of the road.

Reply to
Matty F

That reminds me of my mother who advertised her old Hotpoint fridge/freezer in the local paper for £20 and got no replies. On my suggestion she re-advertised it for £50 and got five replies, selling it the same day.

She would have happily given it away.

Reply to
Bruce

Might be someone wants it for spares? Try eBay. I just sold a non-working rotavator for a decent price.

Peter Scott

Reply to
Peter Scott

Ebay it.

Chances are someone wants it. Or parts.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Send it to me, I can't afford to pay you though; and I will convert it to a

12V generator
Reply to
the_constructor