Moving an oil combi boiler.

Hello. I,m thinking of moving my oil combi boiler outside, it's taking up too much room in the kitchen and it's a noisey little bugger. I'm thinking of de plumbing it, laying a slab and putting a waterproof case around it which can be opened up for servicing. Can anybody see any problems in what I'm going to do? Thanks Steve

Reply to
ahhh crap!!

In message , ahhh crap!! writes

Geoff bites his tongue ...

Reply to
geoff

Rod says "Yes".

Reply to
polygonum

lose more valuable heat, but yes, I've seen it done.

Also a pressurised water tank in the same location.

frost stat is recommended if you leave the house with heating off for long periods in winter.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Frost? Corrosion?

Reply to
harry

FWIW, makers do do outdoor oil fired boilers which, from memory, are the stock jobs in a nice waterproof box with a frost stat.

But oil fired combis have a hot water store 'cos of the slow firing times, so that'd be somewhat wasteful.

Scott

Reply to
Scott M

Its an "indoor" appliance, and so needs adequate protection from the elements. Frost stat as well.

"Moving" counts as installing - so unless you are DIYing all the work you may find difficulty getting a fitter to do it - especially if its a non condenser, and hence not legal to fit.

Finally, flue arrangements may need a bit of thinking about. You also probably need a non combustible wall to mount it on.

Reply to
John Rumm