Mounting a Plasma Screen On Odd Wall

Hi All,

Just curious about mounting a plasma screen on one of my walls - it's a hefty 40-50odd kg screen and the wall it's fixing into is a breeze block/ brick wall with a small (maybe 2 cm gap) between that and the plasterboard over the top.

Given there is a small gap can anyone see any problems with attaching the screen?

I cant work out if there would be pressure on the plasterboard that would cause a problem at all.

If the gap will cause a problem is there anything I can fill it with? I was thinking one of those foam style sprays that sets like concrete and injecting it into drilled holes.

Thanks for any help all

Tom

Reply to
Bouffont

There are several approaches to this situation - replace the plasterboard with timber where fixings will go, glue threaded bar into the masonry and fit a nut flush with the plasterboard, use Rawl bolts and leave them flush with the plasterboard rather than flush with the masonry ...

Reply to
Rob Morley

sorry I have no idea where I fabricated the 40-50kg from its actually

30 kgs
Reply to
Bouffont

The advice given to me here a few weeks ago on a similar issue but mounting a desk to a wall was this (well, a few other good ideas as well, but this one sticks in memory):-

Get some large dowelling (say, 25mm dia) and drill a similar sized hole wherever you need to fix a mounting screw. Cut dowel to length of plasterboard thickness and cavity to breezeblock and insert. The dowel then forms a hard insert against the block and avoids any deformation of the plasterboard.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Dodd

Is this flat against the wall or on a lever arm? Its hard to get a good enough fixing for one on an arm in breeze block. I had to fix it through the wall with threaded rods the last time I installed a 42" plasma to a block wall. The fixings just wouldn't hold the weight.

Reply to
dennis

Thanks this is a great idea, I'll do this.

Cheers

Tom

Reply to
Bouffont