Araldite & Plastic - bonding time?

I've plugged a hole in a plastic dust cap with Araldite Rapid, and quite a while after mixing it up and plugging the hole (probably at least 30 minutes), it's still not hard. Is there anything I can do to speed up the hardening process? Is it not setting quickly because my shed's not warm, or is it a problem you get with biggish (probably 6mm sphere) blobs of araldite?

Reply to
Doki

Take the thing into a warm place, that'll help a lot.

It should harden right through at the same rate, approx. If you had a freezing cold blob as big as a football in a warm place the outside would set first, though. The same size in a room at normal temperature throughout might go hardest in the middle first!

Reply to
Chris Bacon

|I've plugged a hole in a plastic dust cap with Araldite Rapid, and quite a |while after mixing it up and plugging the hole (probably at least 30 |minutes), it's still not hard. Is there anything I can do to speed up the |hardening process? Is it not setting quickly because my shed's not warm, or |is it a problem you get with biggish (probably 6mm sphere) blobs of |araldite?

Put it somewhere warm and it will set.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

And even light on fire. (though it'd probably require a larger ball)

Reply to
Ian Stirling

temeperature. 30 minute set stuff in cold conditions will take about 24 hours to fully cure.

Use a heat gun.

Oh by the way, araldite doesn't stick to plastic of the thermoplastic flavours.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher