Mould Removal From Shower Sealant

A friend of mine has what she described as mildew around and on the silicone in her en-suite shower .She said is was black-sounds like mould . I suggested trying to remove this with bleach . Anyone know of any other stuff intended for such problems .?? Stuart

---------

Remove YOURPANTS before E-mailing Me

Reply to
Stuart

I've seen the same problem a few times. Problem is it appears the mould is often embedded in the silicone. maybe its the acetic acid they use to cure it ... Anyway, when you try bleach, it just goes a purple colour.

My solution is to strip it off, which is a tiresome exercise, and put on new mould resistant silicone adhering strictly to the cleanliness etc instruction. Or use a good non-silicone filler like Unibond Super all-purpose

Reply to
BillR