Mortar setting/curing time

We had our front boundary wall rebuilt yesterday and I'm just wondering how long it would take for the wall to get to full strength. We'd like to drill some holes to mount a plate onto the wall but I've no real idea how long to wait (few days, week, month?). I realise it may well depend on the mix of the mortar - which I don't know.

Thanks

David Hearn

On 15/01/2004 David Hearn opined:-

Give it at least a week.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Yes, at these winter tempeatures that is wise.

In general mortar at sort of 10-15 degrees if sesnible mix and withiut lime is solid in about 24hours, tho real strength takes a lot longer.

Cold weather and/or lime in the mix slows it down much further than that.

A week sounds safe, and several months to settle in properly.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher