Misaligned bath waste pipe

I am fitting a new bath, and when I attach the P trap to the bath, it is too short and too low down to connect to the existing 40mm waste pipe.

The waste pipe that I am connecting to is higher than the drain plug on the bath - is this a problem? Will it stop some of the water draining away from the bath?

Also, the waste pipe is quite a steep gradient, whilst the pipe coming from the P trap is nice and horizontal - how can I couple the two without putting stress on the pipework?

Mark.

Reply to
mark.hannah

Yes.

Raise the bath or modify the waste pipe

Replace the wastepipe. IIRC only a 1:60 gradient is needed

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You need to make sure the pipe runs lower that the drain and is at an angle otherwise your bath wont fully drain!. you may get away with it if there is not too much height difference but i would test things carefully before fitting the bath etc.

I would consider connectting to the old drainaga using extensions..theres an amazing amoutn out there. Also its not as hard as you may think to create a new hole for the drainagae pipes

What are the pipes you are connecting made of?

Reply to
Marc

================================== A pair of these couplers with a length of pipe between can be used to effect changes of direction - up / down and side to side:

a look at them (and handle them) in Wickes or B&Q to see how they can be used.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Turns out, the best solution to this problem is a flexible waste-pipe

- I had no idea they existed!

mark.hannah