Miracle?

not necessarily electric motors. They too are doing something and it takes the same energy to cool a fridge running lower as it does running faster.

Exactly. Its not science. Its marketing.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

nah it's called "murketing" ;>)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Meanwhile the newspapers & TV are full of shit about "celebs" (i.e. people who are in fact nonentities) and fashion and and other related garbage. All these people think that the services they enjoy are produced by magic.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Yes. Not starting the vertical axis at zero produces a dishonest graph.

Reply to
Tim Streater

What it really needs is a subsidy to get the market moving and drive down costs. Then there are people out there who will champion them and claim to be saving the planet!

Reply to
John Rumm

You would probably get more lumens per watt by doing that.

Reply to
dennis

What, even with a 97% pass rate?

Reply to
dennis

Been on here last year:

R4 "You and Yours"

from

02/04/2012 - move to 27:40
Reply to
Part Timer

If you don't run it for longer because it doesn't pick up all the bits.

much energy

It will use more.

likely not enough to make it woth buying. Some appliances get less energy efficient when v reduces.

Reply to
dennis

save energy.

Yup. Most vacs are very overrated now though. Orecks give satisfactory results from as little as 200w, and roombas use way less.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

She'll never get a job in managment then ;-)

I guess that's true but we've all learnt to respect our betters and those with higher educations or a better school tie know best.

It seems that school is going to follow the singapore way of doing things which is pretty much as it was back in the 70s in school.

Trouble is too many people with media studies getting into decision making because they have a university degree, rather than a tech level which taught you how to do stuff rather than reword everything to sound palatable.

Reply to
whisky-dave

save energy.

What about the digital motors on the dyson and mine runs off battery, surely it'll take longer to charge if the voltage dropped by 9% but I'm betting the cirutry would account for that anyway.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Yep, as I said "right dossers" I've since thought that I should have really written:

" ... if they left with one CSE pass between them I'd be surprised."

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It will have a switched mode supply in the charger (if it hasn't its junk).

Why do people think there is something special about a brushless DC motor, they have been driving PC fans for decades.

Reply to
dennis