miniature universal joint for oscilloscope!

Norman Rose were wonderful - and they weren't far from us, either. An amazing range of really odd things - sort of like Proops only organised.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Yes they are expensive for that and rightly so thats not a really mass produced mass demand item! I haven't used anything like that for years and doubt I will, nor have seen that since I worked on high power TV transmitter "drives" back in the 70's. What's wrong with using a bit of thick plastic tubing glued onto the pot spindle and extension then?..

Reply to
tony sayer

and from mine, rubber anti vibration mounts[1] were also very good for this. I used to use 5 in my boat - 4 on the engine mounts, and 1 actually forming the coupling between prop shaft and 10cc motor flywheel.

[1] Cylindrical lump of rubber with threaded studs poking out of each end.

For example:

above with a couple of ali shaft and motor adaptors screwed onto the studs.

and on their own:

John Rumm

In message , Terry Casey writes

Don't forget the ICs with the number scraped off and the RS 6 digit catalogue number stamped on them

Reply to
geoff

No, they didn't bother with scraping them off, at least when they first introduced them - they just painted them with black gloss paint!

They must rank as the only shiny ICs I've ever seen!

Reply to
Terry Casey

In message , Terry Casey writes

Aah yes ...