MFI installing electric shower

And the area would have to be with in 150mm of the ceiling or directly above the shower.

However tiling around the shower unit is poor workmanship. Electric shower units have quite short lives and often need to be replaced. Invariably the new unit has the connections in somewhat different positions.

Having the wire run in the wall and lose will greatly help the replacement, IME. However there may be issues with the cable and the stud wall's insulation.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Hello,

Thanks very much for the useful replies. They complied quiet quickly to the request of putting the wire behind the paritition. They installed the shower / cabling and tiled after that.

Costs to installer Supply and install new switch fuse spur =3D =A390 Upgrade main bonding/install supplementary bonding =A3120 Tiling 15metres including removal - =A3140+360+160 Install radiator tower - =A3180

theregistry786

And so they should have .It should never have been done any other way IMHO. But installing the shower THEN tiling sounds iffy to me .Did they just cut the tiles to fit round the shower box . That sounds a lot of work to me .It would be much neater to have tiled then fitted the shower surely ?

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart B

Some instructions that I read stated that the electric shower must be fitted after tiling.

Reply to
John

On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 13:59:52 GMT someone who may be "John" wrote this:-

Whose instructions?

Reply to
David Hansen

I have fitted three elec showers in my flat over the years and would never have considered fitting them then tiling but I have just looked at the booklet that came with my current shower .It's an Aquatronic ( rebadged Triton) and it says " For ease of servicing the unit must always be mounted on the surface of tiled walls .NEVER tile up to the unit"

I have just looked at the shower ( even tho' I am looking at it every day) and the front cover doesn't go to the wall so is easily removed but if the unit was fitted then tiled then I'd imagine the joint between tiles and unit would need to be grouted or siliconed and removal of the shower whither temporary or permanent would be more difficult and messier .

I just think it makes total sense anyway to tile first . Stuart

Reply to
Stuart B