Mexican Furniture

Hello,

I'm after a dining table and chairs and have seen the following on Ebay. Focus DIY seem to have a similar thing but smaller. Quality seemed ok but was wondering if anyone here has bought this stuff and can confirm whether it's any good?

Cheers, Ed.

Ed_Zep

EricP

Thanks Eric. That is.... very useful...

Anyone else?

Reply to
Ed_Zep

Someone I know bought something similar from eBay (may have been the same). Quality was "rustic" (i.e. dreadful) and the whole thing would not have looked out of place in a transport cafe. "Wax finished by hand" apparently means a pot of paraffin wax is smeared over it. It eventually ended up as garden furniture, a role it was actually well suited for.

Reply to
Peter Parry

I bought a similar styled sideboard on ebay a couple of years ago. It was flat-packed but very solid when put together and very heavy with a kind of 'rustic' Mexican-ish finish. There was nothing wrong with it but I didn't keep it long because I decided it wasn't my thing.

Reply to
Stephen