Meter Control Valve

Question for the Gas experts on the group:

Recently had a meter installed in a house which had been empty for several years, and I thought I'd have a go at reconnecting things.

Ran the soundness tests on the existing pipework (their being no appliances currently) as per the FAQ, and this showed no measurable drop in pressure at all. However, on the let-by test, there was an almost imperceptible rise over the period of the test, but not really one I could quantify. However, leaving the gauge connected over a longer period (say an hour), the pressure steadily rises until it equals the governor setting. The Meter Control Valve is brand new having been fitted by Transco when they put the meter in. Does this seem normal? Presumably the valves are manufactured to some standard that means a miniscule let-through is acceptable. The level of let-by is such that it would not mask any measurable leak, so it doesn't really invalidate the first part of the test, but I wouldn't expect the main valve to let through enough to increase the pressure in the meter by 10 mbar or so in an hour. It does seem a bit odd. Do I have any reason to be concerned that the new MCV is defective ?

Reply to
Coherers