Making a lightwight box - foamboard?

Putting it up on the Wiki is fine.

I may be able to find the pictures -- where should I mail them, if they turn up?

And it wasn't really a toolbox, but a sample suitcase for a travelling salesman in vampire killing weapons: oak stake, silver knife, gun, holy water, garlic extract, tables of sunset & sunrise...

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

leaving a bit open is the key - the pressure is great but et foam is almost fluid long after the expansion stops and the thing sets.

From the small amount of foam I have done yes, it gets warm, but nothing like as warm as some catalysed polyeters get.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Done:

I may be able to find the pictures -- where should I mail them, if they t= urn up?

A good option is to put them on tinypic or similar sites, and say you release them into the public domain.

thanks, NT

NT

Reply to
NT

Please can you explain what sort of "injector pump" you used to suck the air out of the bin liner?

Reply to
Nospam

is a widget that attaches to mains water one end, sucks air in the other, and a water/air mix comes out the third.

I though the vacuum cleaner might not like running for long with very little air moving through it, and I have the pump thing, so I used it.

I don't think you'd need it for a guitar, it being large and fine detail not being necessary. Stick a vaccuum cleaner on it for a few seconds, if at all.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

I have found the pictures of making the molding, but I need to make some of the finished box.

What is a suitable size to upload? 640x480?

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

Thanks, that's something else I've learned about, although possibly it's not the best thing to use for very long with a water meter (and shortage!)

Reply to
Nospam

Excellent. 640's fine, 1000 is too. I forget the current limit, but

200k is accepted on the wiki.

NT

Reply to
NT