Mains pressure HW cylinder

Practically speaking yes, it can be.

Bureaucratically, probably not. It may invalidate the warranty of the system and installation is a controlled activity of the Building Regulations )I'm not certain about maintenance.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Essentially the top outlet is a 'dip tube' going down through the top 30% of the cylinder. When the cylinder fills the air remaining in the top pocket becomes the expansion volume, the air is typically squeezed to about 1/4 of its original size (3 bar on guage is 4 bar absolute). I'm not sure but one or more of the makes may include some sort of floating baffle.

In non-Megaflow (and clones) the top outlet is just like on a vented cylinder, a hole in the top.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Heat banks are better. water stored at low pressure and high pressure mains hot water. Heat banks also last longer if the inhibitor is changed every 4 years.

Explanation:

IMM