mains cable jointing to each household

done from the main supply cable going down the street, to the individual houses.

wire a ring circuit looping at each socket to avoid a potential break of the ring at the sockets.

That's what happened when my supply head was moved, and a length of modern cable was spliced to the old paper & lead stuff underground. All except one tiny detail, the bit about turning off the power.

Reply to
Graham.

Never seen a cable jointer using anything other than moleskin.

Reply to
Broadland Wanderer

tch cloth were you?

Was true. It happened a few weeks before I had my spell in the jointing sch ool. And compound in the boot. Long before H&S reared its head.....

Reply to
Broadland Wanderer

"Moleskin" is heavy cotton.

Reply to