LPG tanks

When you ask a coherent question I'll happily answer it but your normal form is to ask in an incoherent fashion and to omit important information and *then* blame everyone else for not answering a simple question.

Oh look, you already have. "But I have to stop all your fun here as I am losing track of who said what and why, mainly because I am not learning much once again on these indupitably long but caustically underperforming threads."

Maybe you need to look in a mirror to see why so many of your threads become "caustically underperforming".

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Weatherlawyer patently has serious issues.

Let him be

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They may forbid that but I fill mine that way.

Reply to
Hankat

When you fill a cylinder with LPG for none road vehicle use the operator needs to know so that they can charge without road fuel duty. Perhaps that's why the operator you use has that sign.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Oh it was quite deliberate. Calor threatened to withdraw supplies from any of their dealers who also stocked the BP cylinders.

Reply to
bert

But we did win one world cup, as the song says.

Reply to
bert

Very unwise as the pressure would be totally different.

Bottles are filled by weight, autogas tanks at filling stations are filled/charged by litres.

Reply to
bert

Cylinders or bottles do not have ullage protection unlike an autogas tank, so high risk of overfilling.

Reply to
bert

And the CMA let it happen ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

bert pretended :

That is correct. Homebase (I think) are one of the few/only national stockists of BP, but a rather expensive source.

We use the BP, because they are lighter and cheaper than anything Calor has to offer - they are just not easy to source. A great shame really, as they are so very much better than the competition.

Prices for a 10Kg exchange/refill can vary between £24.99 to £45. I have a local source for them at £24.99.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

bert laid this down on his screen :

Autogas is sold by litres, bottled gas is sold by contents weight.

When filling bottles, you can only fill to 80%, the 20% is to allow for expansion as the liquid gas heats up. Refillable gas tanks legally have to be fitted with a device to automatically stop the fill at 80%.

The BP gas bottles would be ideal for pirate refilling, because the liquid level can be seen inside the bottle.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

And how many world cups have Gemany won ?

Reply to
fred

Yes and I did write to the Office of Fair Trading at the time.

Reply to
bert

In article , Harry Bloomfield writes

There are some bottle available useful for caravans which have such a device and they can be refilled at autogas stations. (I forget the brand name). Personally I find I use very little gas these days on caravan or motorhome.

Reply to
bert

There are a number available, I have one called Gaslow made by, or at least retailed by a company in the north of Ireland.

Reply to
Zephirum

See; where you went wrong is the intent was to get an answer from someone sensible.

No. I was specific.

That is wrong but correct. Now let us see how you stop my fun.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

How much is a propane tank of the sort used to store it for central heating.

How much would it cost to fill?

And can it be used for filling a car?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

In article , Weatherlawyer writes

Free from the supplier overground about ?1500 to bury it

Depends how big it is but generally a lot cheaper than buying a 48Kg cylinder Ask a supplier. Depends where you are and how much you use.

Well, sort of. I've heard of people who do IYSWIM HMRC might take an interest

Reply to
bert

For filling a car you would need a bottom tapping and a pump to draw the LPG as liquid. An old farmer friend back in Norfolk bought an old LPG Fork truck to convince Calor that he need the ability to pump liquid LPG. He then ran his two Range Rovers on road duty free LPG:-)

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Good idea. The pump at the propane supplier has what looks like connectors for left hand thread non "Calor push fit" type valves. Those red cylinders? Do they have female socket type connector?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer