LPG Boilers

A mate of mine is contemplating installing lpg gas CH in a "mobile" (i.e. large fixed single wide) home. I guess a combi will be in order - it only needs drive one shower. Any specific recommendations on lpg boilers, or is it just a case of go with what has a good reputation on natural gas?

Reply to
John Rumm

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D\

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D/

Is he planning on living in the home all year round or is it a seasonal occupation? I'd suggest he uses a solar hot water cylinder with optional input from the boiler when the sun aint sufficient. The usual method of sizing a suitable boiler for the heating/hot wated load then applies but will not place such a high rate demand on the lpg regulator/bottle installation. Thus one cylinder may suffice rather than a battery of them in parallel to achieve evaporation rates.

Reply to
cynic

I think the plan is full time occupancy. There is already a fixed tank in place (refilled by lorry delivery), that probably holds the equivalent of several of the normal 47kg bottles. It currently feeds a hob and a couple of gas fires. I expect the fires would either be removed or saved for backup. I think the desire was to get shot of the existing cylinder since space is at a premium.

Reply to
John Rumm

Not sure if anything similar is available in this country, but in Australia, these kinds of boiler are popular

LPG versions are available. They are normally fitted *external* to the building, rather than internally, but of course this is in a climate with no risk of freezing.

The one I saw was fed from a tall single bottle which also fed a gas hob internally, this was at a "proper" house not a mobile home.

The barbie for throwing the shrimps on just used its own regular 5kg bottles :o)

Reply to
chunkyoldcortina

Bad form to followup one's own post I think, but the specific one I saw was one of these

a flame with water!

Reply to
chunkyoldcortina