Loud pop - then my electricity went off. Something happened to my radiator (in my bedroom) - please help

Rubbish, we aren't talking pre 1363A even if you are an old fart.

Reply to
dennis

In message , "dennis@home" writes

Then you shouldn't make sweeping unqualified statements

"There were only 3A and 13A fuses once."

Reply to
geoff

I have eused all of those values at some time or another, but getting hold of some of them isn't easy.

It should be un-necessary to need more than 3,7 and 13 a ones as they should only be used for protection of the flex. Any closer protection should be in the appliance.

Reply to
<me9

Nice one.

Cheers

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

So why has every stairlift that I have ever looked at got a 7A fuse in it.

I do not fit or remove stairlifts, but I seem to rewire a lot of houses that have them. Usually this is due to the elderly/disabled person that lived there and used the stairlift passing away or going into a care home and the new owner wanting a rewire. I am not suggesting that anything is wrong with the wiring, but quite the opposite. The installer of these lifts always do the main equipotential bonding and often supply a seperate RCD CU for the lift.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Agree it is MOST likely faulty; again MOST likely something went bad inside the heater, and it 'blew' the circuit breaker for the whole circuit. Also most likely that fuse DID blow and is now dud. Here's a quick idea if you want try it? Take the fuse mentioned and put it into something that is presently working, in place of its fuse. If that other gadget still works the fuse is not blown. When all is said and done however it is MOST likely an internal short circuit, a faulty component such as the heater element that has gone to ground (Oops sorry ......... earthed!), and the heater is MOST likely faulty. Since you do not have the expertise or the tools and the heater may still be under warranty do not mess with it take it back and have it replaced or at least repaired. Since you have had one problem with it check the warranty of the replacement or the repaired item very carefully (have it in writing) it may last another ten years or perform the same antics again shortly!

Reply to
terry

he's already taken it back

Reply to