looking for a decent mechanical alarm clock

There just aren't enough of those people to cover the manufacturers wages bill.

Reply to
Ian Field

Odd, I've used the same tool kit many times now. Admittedly the chain rivet extractor broke but I've had no trouble with the chain wrench or splined tools for cassette and bottom bracket removal. It's saved me a lot of money compared to buying high quality tools or bike shop visits.

I know that I may well replace bits with better quality bits as and when required over the years but it's a good "starter" kit.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

The freewheel/sprocket spline tool was the first item I had to replace with a quality item that actually worked.

Now I come to think about it - I also had to replace the out of tolerance pedal crank puller that was more likely to strip the thread than loosen the crank.

The chain punch works better after you've broken it - the partitions aren't strong enough to punch the chain against, once you've broken the bottom one off; you can butt the chain against the more substantial bottom of the punch body.

Reply to
Ian Field