Lockandlatch.com

Has anyone any experience of buying from lockandlatch.com or brandtools.co.uk?

I was about to place an order with them, but cried off at the last minute as the card payment page was not encrypted. There are also a few other anomalies on their websites including an address in Milton Keynes but a London telephone number with a warning that it will probably be answered by an answering machine, spelling mistakes - 'Bletchly' rather than 'Bletchley', and suspiciously low prices.

Roger.

Reply to
Roger

Never dealt with them but the MK address sounds like a shop. Is the mail-order part being run from London?

Interesting to note that the BrandTools home page displays the W3C XHTML compliant logo yet contains 761 errors when run through the W3C's own validator.

Leads one to wonder what other claims that they make are false.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew May

Give Milton Keynes Trading Standard a ring. They were instrumental is getting money back from a rogue website trader for me last year (mkcables). They won't necessarily be able to tell you if they are investigating, but may drop a hint.

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Even if they are legitimate I wouldn't deal with them simply based on their lack of security. I bought something online from one place that had an encrypted website and the idiots sent me an order confirmation email showing my complete card number, expiry date, card name and my full postal address! Never dealt with them again.

Reply to
David in Normandy