Lithium battery suppliers?

I need to change the CR17335 batteries in my Saab 9-5 alarm siren but I can't find a stockist or an alternative; the high current discharge spec seems to be the gotcha - any suggestions?

The spec is:

3V, 1400mAh, 2/3AA, tagged or pinned *Max continuous discharge 1500mA* Max pulse discharge 3000mA

(CR17335SE is a different animal)

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam

These them?

other type numbers are in fact the same..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You could try emailing

connection - just a satisfied customer.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

NoSpam laid this down on his screen :

Google a company called (something similar to) strikealite - strikealight.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Thanks for the suggestion but I need them tagged or pinned to solder to the PCB - vibration and mositure would lead to a dodgy contacts if they were in a battery carrier.

Reply to
NoSpam

I've sent them an email.

Reply to
NoSpam

well solder on your own tags then.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I've done that before for NiCads, etc but I thought soldering to Lithium batteries was a no-no because of the explosion/fire risk (?)

Reply to
NoSpam

I've soldered many..aluminium tags too..

As long as the main body stays below about 60C they wont be harmed, and cylindrical 3v units are not explosive chemistry anyway Its the lithium ion rechargeable with fancy organic solvents in the electrolytes that go bang.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You could try AllBatteries in Watford

Reply to
geoff

Hey Dave, Same problem. But I also came across this.

Try it. I am gonna. Good Luck. Happy Saab

url:

Tony Van Dort