Limiting temperature of a conservatory

Oh you know, the extractor thingies more commonly seen in kitchens. Vent Axia also rings a bell. Pull a cord or push a button and off they go, commonly wall mounted. Marvellous.

Roof vents sound like just the ticket, didn't realise they could be fitted to polycarb roofs. I assume they close, got any links for visual examples?

Ta.

Reply to
Mary Hinge

Generally these are part and parcel of the roof construction.

Ultraframe are among the largest of the UK manufacturers, and their roof structures are used by other suppliers as well.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Actually, air con doesn't seem to have terribly high running costs and has the advantage of (a) working and (b) keeping humidity to comfortable levels.

The planting geraniums thing, of course, doesn't work and is bugger all use on the humidity front.

Reply to
Simon Gardner

Try

Lawrence Zarb

Totally correct.

It does.

Reply to
IMM

Or maybe have some metallised mylar curtains on a rod, so you can open and close the reflective curtains when you want.

Thermostatic roof vents are certainly good, as used in most commercial gerenhouses, but better controlled ones can be much better. Really you want those vents open at night while its cool out, to store as much coolth in the structure as possible. This does make a sizeable difference. Ensure security is not compromised etc.

A deciduous climbing plant on the outer walls is another option: leafs up in summer to keep most of the sun off, as well as looking lovely, and deleafs in winter to let the sun in, and provide a display of stems only. Note that exterior reflectors are more effective than interior, since reflection is never 100%, and glass transmission is also not 100%. Make it a nice decorative fruiting climber and how could you resist?

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

No, alas I have no siblings but my dearest friends Mary Huff and Betty Swollocks are like sisters to me.

MH

Reply to
Mary Hinge

Great Scott! Sounds like a right old Mary.

Reply to
IMM