Light switch wiring - help appreciated

Supposedly with the Varilight IQ range of dimmers they have a "boost" capability to start lamps even at low settings. Also switch from leading to trailing edge automatically depending n the type of load.

Reply to
John Rumm

They've been using an annoying pop-over advert recently, aimed at the wrong party, i.e. I just want to look at Bert's photo, but they're trying to sell me an enhanced photobucket account, it's Bert they should be offering the account to, not me ... but then Burt has his own website, so could just upload photos to a hidden folder there ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

That's a new one on me. I am familiar with the VPro and you have to programme the dimmer to the lights.

Reply to
ARW

Yes, I might well do that in future if the need arises. I didn't know about Photobucket's Adblocking move but I do in fact get the annoying popup exhorting me to pay them money for an upgraded account.

Reply to
Bert Coules

As do mine in all other areas of the house, including the ones controlled by the left-hand unit in this double switch, which is what leads me to suspect that the right-hand unit has a fault.

What I can't do with any of my LEDs is keep them at a very low setting: they flash on and off intermittently. Would changing the switches help with that?

Reply to
Bert Coules

Adam, something I can't do with my present lights (even the ones which will smoothly dim right down to nothing before the off position) is run them at a very low setting: they tend to flash intermittently. Would different switches enable me to do that, do you think? Might it be necessary also to replace the lights themselves?

Many thanks.

Reply to
Bert Coules

John,

Thanks for that; I'll investigate.

Reply to
Bert Coules

It might, but its as much a function of the lamp as well as the switch.

Reply to
John Rumm

Didn't get that on the Win10/Firefox machine. Not been using PiHole for long and I tend not to visit sites with external ads. But those I do are much cleaner to look at and load a lot quicker. Doesn't stop targeted internal ads on ebay, amazon etc.

Only noticed one page/site so far that doesn't work 100%. London Evening Standard, 24 images of firefighters at the Grenfell disaster. Page displays OK, all navigation etc, no ads but no pictures in the area for them.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice