Light meters

Ebay has light meters from £10 up to £££. Varied ranges, accuracy and features.

The meter is required to evaluate optimal downlighter options (kitchen work top etc).

Any recommendation(s) please?

TIA

Reply to
uncle_jim_in_kent

Here ya go, google is my friend

Bob H

acy and features.

worktop etc).

That saimed at photographers so they have many more features than would be required for room lighting stats.

Haven't any recomendations myself, what do you need to measure intensisty I guess but what about colour temperature.

Reply to
whisky-dave

A secondhand one from your local photographic dealers. They can be had for next to nothing now that cameras are all largely automatic.

Reply to
Martin Brown

The main limitation with photographic meters is that they are intended to measure reflected light, and for this application one wants to measure incident light - i.e. taking the illuminated surface reflectivity out of the equation.

A simple Lux meter like:

will do this quite well.

Reply to
John Rumm

I think I might try a light meter app for a mobile phone (if you can lay your hands on a smartphone, that is). For the price (many are free) it seems to be worth a go even if you then reject it as unsuitable for whatever reason.

Reply to
polygonum