Life on Mars

Nice to see that Google groups aren't swallowing my witter atm.

If anyone saw the new detective prog did they notice the small building firm's workers wearing hard hats? (Ah, the good old days.)

Petty I know but I couldn't concentrate after that. I kept looking for more glitches.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Could you see the pyramid in the last scene on the rooftop?

Reply to
John Cartmell

I'm sure I recall Bob the Builder nailing into the valleys of some corrugated stuff on a roof...

Chris Bacon

I was wearing a hard hat on site in 1972, so it is not wrong; simply less probable.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

"nightjar .uk.com>"

=============== They were available in the mid 1960s and quite possibly before then. People used to modify them for rock climbing by reducing the size of the front peak.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Did that (in the late 60's) and it cracked with a remarkably small stone falling on it so found the money and got a proper one.

Rob

Reply to
robkgraham

Industrial safety helmets are designed to protect you against one impact, after which they should be discarded. I would expect climbing helmets to need to provide protection against multiple impacts.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

"nightjar .uk.com>"

They are like cycle and motor bike helmets.. they need replacing after an accident. It is nearly impossible to tell if they have been damaged enough to make them useless.

Reply to
dennis

Which is why they were never worn until the scrotes at some insurance company got weasely. Only a nation of jobsworths would wear something likely to useless after their first teabreak or even drive to work in the back of a box of Irish tools.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer