Lidl Sizes.

I got caught out buying some overalls at Lidl - I think they were marked

46 GB and I assumed this was the chest size. They were more suited to a 7 ft tall body builder.

And idly looked at some trousers they had - sized from 38 to 46 again with a GB beside it. Now not many have a 46 inch waist. So measured a pair marked 46 GB/IE, 56 EUR. They were actually a 38" waist.

Can anyone explain?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Is it some vague and fluid scale applied to overgarments like coats and overalls where you're expected to have several layers underneath already?

There's a mention here:

here:

you click on "Size Chart" and then "Imperial", it seems a EUR 56 could be between 36.5 and 41 waist depending on manufacturer.

It also suggest that for a 46" chest size, you'd need a 60 or 62 EUR, be 6"2' to 6"3' and weigh between 15 and 16 stone.

Perhaps it's the opposite of the vanity sizing and size zero stuff that happens with women's clothes?

Reply to
mike

> And here:

> If you click on "Size Chart" and then "Imperial", it seems a EUR 56

I had the same problem at Lidl and queried it with the staff. They said take it home, be sure to keep all the packaging. Then you can bring it back and we will refund your money which they did Alan >

Reply to
Roberts

Then shoe, boot and trainer sizes, I take GB size 11. Very often, the range of offerings from Lidl and Aldi stop at 10.

Maybe their home people come off a production line, sized to exact Audi/VW specifications without much variances..

Or is that the Japanese ...

Reply to
Adrian C

>>> And here:

>>> If you click on "Size Chart" and then "Imperial", it seems a EUR 56

Did that with the trekking trousers last week. An open pack of 36 was too small so I bought 40. They were too tight and I always have 36 so that the waist band is down my hips a bit and then the legs are long enough. Took 'em back and got refund. Shan't buy trousers there again.

Reply to
PeterC

Yes - but a right faff if you actually want the goods.

I've contacted them via their website and asked for an explanation of what their sizing means. I did ask in the store and the lady manager didn't know. Mentioned shoe sizes as an example. But I said I knew my shoe size. ;-)

The UK standard for mens pants tend to be either the waist size in inches, ie the circumference, or small medium large etc if something like tracksuit bottoms. If it went metric I'd expect the waist size to be measured in the same way but in centimetres.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Got a phone call from 'them' yesterday in response to my email. Said they had been incorrectly labelled. But couldn't tell me what the sizing actually meant, ie, if it was for another country. Which is what I asked. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Maybe that's why they got a load cheap.

But they did phone you back, which is more than a lot of other places would have.

Owain

Reply to
Owain