Lidl from 26th March

Have you got a genuine point to make or are you just taking another opportunity to pontificate about something?

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Have you got a genuine point to make or are you just taking another opportunity to pontificate about something?

Reply to
Bruce

It's great when it works.

However, where I live, there are not many items advertised on eBay by local sellers, and I find that very few people are prepared to come and collect heavy and/or bulky items. On the rare occasions when I have bought items from local sellers, they haven't been prepared to allow me to collect, and I have had to pay postage anyway and wait.

One seller even charges £5 for collection by the buyer!

I'm not in a remote area; I live in a Home Counties town that is just off a major trunk road within 20 miles of the M25. It just seems to be a backwater as far as eBay is concerned.

Reply to
Bruce

Precisely why I didn't get one :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

So the answer should be 'No' but you can't understand that everybody doesn't admire you as much as you admire yourself.

You alone can't see the point that is so clear to so many thousands of Ebay users. The fact that you're such a small minority suggests that you're wrong but you're too obtuse to understand that.

It's hardly surprising that your late foolish friend killed himself if he was relying on you for advice.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

The Edinburgh one is far too big. There are a couple of hundred messages a day, so browsing is effectively impossible. It would be much better so have something categorised and searchable, like eBay, but I suppose that would cost more than piggybacking off Yahoo. Mind you, didn't the Freecycle founder sell out for corporate dollars a while back? What's he doing with the money?

My local (rural) group defected to become Freeshare at that point, and it all works quite nicely at a scale of 20 messages/day.

Ian

Reply to
The Real Doctor

Why don't you put me in your kill file?

Welcome to mine. ;-)

Reply to
Bruce

I wouldn't dream of doing that.

It's much more amusing to watch you frequently showing what a pompous, patronising prat you are.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero