Li Ion batteries

Not necessarily. He might never have thought about doing that, but now he'll start wondering what would happen....

In movies, don't you just love the improvised bomb in microwave which always goes off just after the "ping"

Reply to
newshound

That's because of the spark igniting the vapour as the thing switches off. ;-)

Reply to
dennis

Adds a whole new dimension to having a screw!

Reply to
John Rumm

To be fair, my wife once washed a pair of my trousers with a Canon Li Ion battery in the pocket. It was only by chance that it was found before tumble drying! I'm not sure that being told not to tumble dry it would have made any difference though.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

In message , The Medway Handyman writes

Lucky you pointed that out

Reply to
geoff

In message , The Medway Handyman writes

I bought a toaster in Indonesia which came with a warning that it gets hot

Reply to
geoff

Reply to
geoff

I worked with someone who complained when they were burned by a hot fork. They had no idea that microwaving it would make it quite so hot.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I managed to wash and dry an ipod a few weeks ago after it was left in a pocket. It looks clean now, but doesn't work. ;) No explosion, though...

Reply to
Jules Richardson